Copy of Tell Me More
Take a minute to learn a little more about Hands On Magnets (and how they’ll help keep you sane, and your kids safe)
What are Hands On Magnets?
Hands On Magnets are the simple tool to help stop your kids wandering off once you unload them from the car. Hands On Magnets are a fun magnet that you pop on the side of your car once you park, to allow your child to press their hand against. They wait in this safe spot, while you finish unloading kids and stuff from the car.
- Once you’ve parked, you simply find a safe area around the car, for kids to wait. This is the “Safe Spot”.
- Pop the Hands On Magnet onto the car exterior at the Safe Spot.
- Bring the child out of the car and stand them in front of the Hands On Magnet. When you say “Hands On”, the child presses their hand onto the Hands On Magnet.
- Each magnet has a super little character holding out their hand, for the child to press their own hand against. The child will wait here until you are finished unloading the other kids from the car, or are ready to bring them away from the car safely.
How do they work?
Kids are like sponges. They learn by repeating things over and over. By repeating something enough times, your are reinforcing a behaviour, and it will soon become a habit or learned behaviour for your child. (And unlike some other habits your kids pick up, like nose-picking and hair-chewing, this habit could save their life.)
Lots of kids have a disposition to flee at any given chance - without seeing the dangers that we as grown-ups see.
Hands On Magnets act as a visual aid for kids to focus on. Not only are you telling them to stay still and in the one spot, but they have Harry or Holly Hands On to focus and concentrate on, to help them do the task.
Why do kids love them?
Hands On Magnets are designed for kids by kids. The kids here at Mama Smartz played a key role in design. (They were not easy “collaborators” we can tell you). It wasn’t until teeth were made less scary, eyes less “starey”, and clouds more fluffy (among many, many other specifications) that we achieved sign off.
Because of this kid-driven design – Hands On Magnets are really engaging for kids. Your little ones will happily hang with Holly or Harry until you are ready to tend to them.
Kids love having steps to follow. They’re always happier if they know what’s coming. That’s why, by teaching your kids the really simple steps for using Hands On, they’ll happily go along with them, as it becomes their norm.
Why do parent's love them?
Anything that takes the stress out of parenting is a win in our book – and that’s why parents love Hands On Magnets.
- They’re easy to use;
- They help teach your kids a safe and consistent way to get in and out of cars;
- They give parents peace of mind that their child is in a safe place when around moving cars.
- Hands On Magnets help to keep your kids where you want them, until you are ready to move away from the car safely.
Using Hands On Magnets helps parents to keep kids exactly where you want them when you take them out of a car – really close to you, in a safe spot away from moving cars, and where you can see them at all times.
Hands On Magnets flip easily on and off the car’s exterior – but are secure enough that kids can’t slide them around the car